Candy Brandywine Ghost Flames on Black

S

Starman

Can anyone tell me how to get a vibrant red ghost flame on a black base like attitude's job # 254 under yamaha. If anyone knows the specifics on how to do that job, I would like to know so I can do the same to my yamahog. The title is candy brandywine on black.

S

Starman

Scott or Rex, if you see this thread, could you please list the HOK paint numbers for #254. Also, is the candy brandywine shot over a white or silver or will it build to that color? Do you need to retouch the black basecoat after the silver or white? What is the reduction of the red, 1:1?. I normally airbrush portraits on illustration board, but, I have no experience in automotive paints. Any help would graetlty improve the chances of my bike being done correctly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

rex

What you'll want to do is mask out your flames and either paint or walk the tapeline with a metallic or pearl,then spray a couple coats of the brandywine.The easiest would be add candy concentrate to SG100 to make it come to color fast since you can make it strong,the basecoat candy probably wont be bright and the urethane candy will be real thick on the edge.Scott's the best to give you the particulars on this.Sorry,I've been gone lately working and trying to replace a totalled vehicle,that's 2 in 2 months totalled because of some dumbass' fault.

S

Starman

Thanks Rex. I would really like to get the HOK paint numbers to be sure I had the right color tones before even testing. I love the #254 look. Scott, you da man!