Candy over black base

AirArt

Scott, I was admiring your candy brandywine flames over the black base on one of the HD tank and fender sets you did.
Tell me, after you base the tank with black, are you laying the candy brandywine directly over the black base? I would think it would have a problem being visible and wondering if you dust white or Orion silver on the flame edges first?
Thanks,
Phil

G

guest01

I had the same question. He said he laid on a bright silver base on where he was going to shoot the brandywine.

AirArt

Reefkeeper,
Do you mean the bright silver was laid down as if he were doing the flames edges in silver, spraying just along the edges, and then filled in the whole flame area with the brandywine?
Then the silver would make the flame edges stand out like they do?
Thanks,
Phil

AirArt

Hey BonesFX,
It might also have been ref. # 2055 that first caught my eye. Both are the same, black base with brandywine kandy flames.
Phil

A

albertamike

Yes, he sprays the flame edges with the silver first and then covers the whole flame with the candy. He sometimes also uses gold first as well. Do a test to see which effect you prefer.

B

BonesFX

Actually Scott's sprayin the edges with his custom aluminum/white pearl mix (he should start sellin this mix) its mixed with an interclear and shot just around the edges to give a beautiful fade toward the center -- Bones!~