New to the forum ,have clear coat problem

Jayko

Hello all

I'm new here,hop I can get some useful tips to get rid over my issue.English is my 2ed language and I'm not that good ,but I try do my best explaining my issue

Tools i use

Devilbiss GPI gravity 1.4mm nozzle
Space hecker clear coat MS8040
Space hecker hardner HS3312
Air pressure 4 bar

1st ,I repaint my car and all become fine except clear coat from space hecker ,Its become nice when spray but after dry a hole and trapped air bubble appears in the clear coat.I check the air compressors and no water there. I did follow all the sapce hecker data sheet from air pressure ,nozzle, distance for spray, using reducer thinner ,also try without reducer, change the flow spray,fan, ration ,thin coat heavy coat multible layers coat and still get the same result . I re coat it

Any idea why this is happening and how to avoid it?

Attachments

• IMG_20240921_120142_compress40.jpg
    IMG_20240921_120142_compress40.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240921_120134_compress19.jpg
    IMG_20240921_120134_compress19.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0

Jayko

For general information

The issue have been fixed by changing the mixing ratio and ignore the technical data sheet

The problem happens after 2 hrs from spraying the coats ,at that time the clearcoat start bonding with hardner ,heat self created while bonding and the bubbles show up .the entier clearcoat become a foam and white dots as showing in the pictures .we try in the shop mutiple coats till we got a great result

The data sheet showing mixture 3:1 which means 3 clear coat and one hardner ,20% reducer.The correct ratio is 4:1 with 50% reducer ,its showing a very great result and fully cured after 24 hr

Good luck all,